We are full service eye care professionals
Our patient care standards are unequaled. We combine highly skilled professionals with the newest, sate-of-the-art instrumentation for quick and comfortable care. Our friendly doctors and staff serve your needs, while providing the most complete eye care you’ll experience.
To determine the overall health of your eyes, our examinations consists of:
- Comprehensive patient eye history
- Prescription for distance, intermediate and/or near vision
- Automatic computer refractions to determine your exact prescription
- Ocular health screening for glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration
We fit contact lenses by understanding your needs:
- What are your daily visual demands?
- Do you plan on wearing contact lenses part-time or full-time?
- What is your lifestyle?
In the past, the only way to evaluate a patient’s retina completely was to dilate the pupil with eye drops, wait 20 to 30 minutes, and examine the retina through an instrument with bright lights. This procedure causes the patient’s vision to be blurry and their eyes to be very light sensitive for four to six hours because of the dilation of the pupil. Most patients dislike these temporary effects.
Another option is now available. In the last decade, a laser instrument called an Optomap has been developed that enables your doctor to perform a thorough retinal screening examination without dilation. West Seattle Vision has the Optomap technology available, so all patients now have a choice of retinal screening methods.